Purpose of This Document
Please forward any comments you may have regarding this policy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Information we collect
When you visit our web pages, the following access information is automatically collected:
- The Internet domain, registered company (if applicable), GeoIP information and Internet address of the computer you are using.
- Identification of the page or service you are requesting.
- The type of browser and operating system you are using.
- Date and time of access.
- The Internet address of the website from which you arrived at our website.
- Cookie information.
Moreover, when you intentionally submit your personal data to us, the following data may be used:
- Any content entered into our forms, polls, questionnaires, comment fields or forums.
Contact details and related personal data:
- Name, E-mail address, Company, Phone number, Password, IP address, Office address, City, Country and other personal data you submit (photo etc.).
2. How we use information we collect
We use personal data for operation and quality maintenance of our services, communication with our customers, partners and users of our web services, collecting feedback to services and documentation, organizing events, providing training and a knowledge base connected to our services, ascertaining site trends, improving websites and services and gathering statistics. Processing of personal data for these purposes is based on the legitimate interest of Kentico and/or its affiliates and you in pursuing the mentioned operations.
Information submitted by you may also be used in connection with programs and/or events that you may take part in, such as Partner Program, MVP Program, Trees for Bugs or Site of the Year. Processing of personal data for these purposes is based on the legitimate interests of Kentico and/or its affiliates and you in realization of the program or events in question. Testimonials that you submit shall be used with your consent. You may anytime withdraw your consent.
Processing of your personal data may enable us to provide services or information more tailored to your needs. We may use your personal data to offer you additional assistance or information, such as newsletters, events, or trainings you have requested. We may also use the information to deliver our customer support to you. We may also use your personal data for ad targeting and other marketing purposes. These types of personal data processing shall be made with your consent, unless there are legal grounds for applying legitimate interest as the basis for the processing. You may anytime withdraw your consent.
To make KenticoCloud.com and its subdomains work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too. A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site, respond to surveys, or participate in polls. It enables our website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size, and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you do not have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Use of third-party software
Kentico Cloud uses:
- Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc.;
- Hotjar and Intercom in order to improve the experience of our websites and web services, provide support, and monitor usage; and
- Inline Manual to provide support and training inside our services.
- Calendly to help you schedule meetings with our team without the back-and-forth emails
These parties will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, creating reports on website activity, and providing other services relating to Internet usage. Said parties may also pass this information on to third parties when required to do so by law, or when such third parties process the information on their behalf. None of these services will associate your IP address with any other data they hold.
By using this website and service, you consent to the processing of data about your visit by these parties in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
3. Data security
Any information you provide to us is safeguarded and secure. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure correct usage of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures.
Access to your personal information is restricted to those Kentico employees who need to know that information in order to process it and provide personalized customer support to you. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to disciplinary action, including job contract termination, if they fail to meet those obligations.
4. Links to third-party sites
You may find links to other companies on our site with whom we have a relationship. Kentico software is not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties. We therefore encourage you to read their privacy statements, as they may differ from ours.
5. Whom may we share your information with
Your personal information may be accessed by members of the Kentico Group, ie. (i) Kentico Software CZ s.r.o., with its registered office at Brno, Nové sady 996/25, ZIP code 602 00, Czech Republic, (ii) Kentico Software B.V., having a principal office at Hogehilweg 19, Amsterdam, 1101 CB, Netherlands, (iii) Kentico Software Limited, having a principal office at 68 Lombard Street, London, United Kingdom, (iv) Kentico Software, LLC, a New Hampshire limited liability company having a principal office at 15 Constitution Drive, Suite 2G, Bedford, NH, 03110, USA and Kentico Software Pty Ltd., having a principal office at 83 Mount St., North Sydney, New South Wales 2060, Australia..
Your personal information may also be processed by our subcontractors including, but not limited, to Microsoft Corporation.
We will ensure that any of your information that is accessible outside the EEA is handled subject to appropriate safeguards. The applicable safeguard may be in the form of EU–U.S. Privacy Shield Framework or standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
6. Your rights
Under certain conditions you have the right to require us to:
- provide you with further detail on the use we make of your personal data;
- provide you with a copy of your personal data;
- update any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you;
- delete any personal data about you that we no longer have a lawful ground to use;
- remove you from any direct marketing lists when you object or withdraw your consent;
- provide you with your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability);
- restrict our use of your personal information;
- cease carrying out certain processing activities based on the legitimate interests ground unless our reasons for undertaking that processing outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights.
Your exercise of these rights is subject to certain exemptions to safeguard the public interest (e.g. the prevention or detection of crime), our interests (e.g. the maintenance of legal privilege) and the rights of third parties.
If you are dissatisfied with our use of your information or our response to any exercise of these rights, you have the right to complain to your data protection authority.
7. How to contact us
Kentico may issue other notices in order to inform data subjects about the processing of their personal data.